HOW TO DO WHAT YOU LOVE



Sure, this blog is not completely about fashion, but I think that that world comprises of something far bigger. To me, fashion is a lifestyle- something that covers everything from cool interiors in a new bar, to the latest art exhibit to business ideas to an amazing life full of content & happiness doing what you love.
The problem is trying to listen to others who think they know who you are.
Because at the very essence of doing what you love, is YOU.

I came into this business knowing exactly what I've been doing with my life this whole time. I love the mix of business & art, work & leisure, happiness & frustration. It's not been an easy ride, but I do very much believe in what I do. I have an awesome product, a renewed sense of retail & I want to keep doing this til I die.

It's not really completely about frou-frou design stuff for me. I want to bring something practical & wearable to people, but I also want to challenge them to try something different.
I love fashion, but I'm also the most practical person in the world sometimes. I love shoes that fit my wide (webbed) feet, don't fall apart, are still kind of funky, which I can go clubbing in & still be the last girl standing! I love brands like Nine West, Anne Klein & GH Bass cos they are soo comfortable & still fashionable. Others may think my style is a bit auntie (right now, practically all my shoes are Anne Klein), but maybe I'm just practical.

I love brands like Zara because they are fashion forward & affordable, but I usually only end up buying all their LS printed blouses & blazers. I love jeans from Mek Denim (ok biased here), Club Monaco, and Kill City. T shirts & tops from Urban Outfitters. Cool stuff from River Island. Vintage accessories from all over. Dresses from those cute Korean American brands sold on Melrose Avenue. Club Monaco was my #1 brand back in Canada cos it was so cheap there & they had a massive sale section every 3 weeks. So why isn't there a brand like that that's both quality & affordable in Singapore?
I want URARAA to be THAT brand that's fashionable, affordable & produces quality products. And best of all, reliable, because I think that's me too.

X